A lovely warm meal for the freezing cold nights.
This is one of my favourite soup recipes. It is easy and simple to make and so delicious. If you don’t have any of the ingredients, you can change the vegetables. For example: make a sweet potato and carrots soup or butternut squash and carrots soup. The result is always great! Here is the recipe for my vegan butternut squash and sweet potato soup:
- 1/2 butternut squash
- 1 giant sweet potato (or 2 medium), cut in half
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 200 ml coconut milk, canned
- 1 1/2 l veggie stock
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
How to prepare:
- Heat your oven to 250 degrees C. Season the butternut squash and the sweet potato with salt and paper and roast for about 20 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat until hot. Add the diced onion and garlic and cook until soft. Season with salt and pepper. Add the vegetable stock. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the roasted and cut into pieces sweet potato and squash and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and puree the soup with a (hand)blender or mash with a potato masher.
- Add the coconut milk and return to the heat. Simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy with family and friends over the holidays.
I hope you like the roasted butternut squash and sweet potato soup recipe and recreate it at home. It is always a hit with my family.